Hi ya’ll! I have a fun little makeover for you today and a quick announcement.
You may have noticed that I’ve been a bit MIA these last couple of weeks. We’ve had a busy month at home filled with family visiting (which is always my favorite time) and spending lots of quality time with our kiddos. We’ve also been working like crazy getting ready for our debut weekend at The Vintage Tin Can on July 27, 28 and 29. I’m also working on that surprise I promised you a couple of weeks ago (still a couple more weeks until that reveal), so for the next month or two, I’ll only be posting once a week or every other week. I promise I’m not going anywhere though- I just need to build some inventory for the shop, but also need to make sure I’m not sacrificing family time to do it. Thanks for being so understanding. Now, on to the makeover!
I found this cute little wooden window frame at a discount store at the end of last year.
It’s been hanging around in the SheShop for months now while I settled on a plan for it. I wasn’t crazy about the dark color, so I knew I wanted to lighten it up. I also wanted to add some functionality but wasn’t sure what. I finally decided on a message board and ended up with this…
I’ll admit, I have a mini-obsession with chicken wire- can you get more farmhouse than that? 😊
I started by painting the entire frame with my absolute favorite paint in my absolute favorite color- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen.
Time to cut the chicken wire. You can pick up chicken wire just about anywhere- Tractor Supply, Amazon or even your local craft store. I actually found mine at Joann fabrics on sale for half off. It already had a great patina to it instead of the galvanized look new chicken wire usually has so that was a big plus.
I used my Tekton cutter to cut the wire to size.
I love these cutters and use them frequently for most of my DIY projects. Be careful with this step- I should have worn gloves- I got stabbed more than a few times. Eek!
You’ll see I’m actually in a bunch of these pictures- my hubby decided to join me for a night of DIY so he was my photographer. 😊
I stapled the wire to the back of the frame using my Dewalt Multi-Tacker and Brad Nailer.
The edges of the cut chicken wire were pretty sharp, so I covered them with this burlap tape I found at Michaels.
It ended up not sticking very well so I just glued it down with my Ryobi Cordless Glue Gun.
Once I was finished, I decided it needed a little more pizazz, so I created the small wreath with a few flowers I cut from a floral stem (also from Michaels) and a small grapevine wreath that was a yard sale find ages ago. I hot glued the flowers on and screwed the wreath to the front of the frame.
I love how it turned out and believe me, if we didn’t already have a message board in our house, I would totally be keeping this one!
Hope you enjoyed this cute and functional makeover. See you in a week or two!
Until then, keep creating!